Here’s how to customize your own My Class activities:
1. Sign in to AskMyClass.app
2. In the top menu, select
3. Click “Add your own activity”
4. Select the type of activity and click “Create”
5. For “Add Text”, the following window will popup
6. Click on the choose command drop down to select the type of activity.
Select the type of activity based on the command you’d like to say to Alexa.
For most commands, a second dropdown will open up, next to the first drop down, so you can select the number of the custom activity.
7. Add a description.
8. Add a grade and category.
9. Click Next.
10. Choose to enter text or audio/music mp3.
If you would like to add sound effects or short sounds before and after a line of text, then click this option:
11. Add what you’d like Alexa to say,
either as text,
To add sound effects or music before your text, click the music icon for either before your text or after your text:
Search for a sound and number of seconds then click the plus icon to add the sound:
Then add your text:
or audio mp3 file, from your computer, a url web link, or a YouTube video link.
Then, press the sign.
(i) For a One Part Prompt, you can add multiple entries. Pick between all entries being spoken by Alexa, in order, with a short pause in-between, or just one of the entries being spoken, randomly, by Alexa. The create button appears once the selections are made.
(ii) For a Two Part Prompt, you can choose to have Alexa continue the second part automatically after a time interval, or move to the second part by Alexa asking, “should I repeat or continue?”
14. Click Create.
You’ll see your newly created Custom activity tile.
You can customize the command by clicking on the edit icon next to the blue command. Try using 1-2 clear words.
15. Here’s a quick guide to the activity card
For example, upload the clean up song mp3 and rename the command name as “clean up”.